Thursday, July 28, 2016

Regarding My Final Presentation

            Hello. This is the last blog post for our group!

            As for my final presentation, I told about the imaginary NGO that I made.
            First of all, I summarized the Survey Monkey results that I posted bellow. 21 people replied to our survey. About 70% was from female Japanese students. Many of them said that anime violence doesn't usually lead people to become aggressive and we should respect freedom of expression. They also mentioned that separating fiction from reality and education regarding violence are important to deal with the worst problems. In addition, most of the respondents agreed with me that such anime programs help to raise people's awareness regarding universal themes. I think these results tend to be positive and it leads to my imaginary NGO.

            As for my imaginary NGO, the name is "Animated Uniality". The word "uniality" is made of "unity" and "reality" which I made it for myself. The general outlines are as follows.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            The main theme is to make use of anime programs with violent scenes. That is, our mission is to provide proper understanding regarding violent anime without prejudice since it include important themes like "What is justice?" or "What is human?". Therefore, we would like you to think about realizing the real important messages of such programs and thinking such issues as your own problem in the real world.
            As for our concrete project, we will hold many events to discuss how we can make anime programs suitable for people as a good educational material. To be specific, we will discuss how we can learn from some universal themes in mainly midnight anime, which is for teens and adults since it includes some violent scenes. These events are kinds of promoting philosophical and psychological thinking. I think there are few NGOs regarding anime, so I think it would be very challenging but very exciting if this kind of NGO really exists.

           As for our discussions, members choose some specific themes to discuss with other participants. After that, we appoint some members to become so-called "theme leaders". Other people including none-members who join our events) can get general information from leaders regarding their assigned themes. It is the theme leaders' responsibility to manage both tasks and people and to promote their own themes using blogs and SNS posts. I think it is effective for many members to practice encouraging their leadership. Leaders and themes are changed each month so that many members can enjoy our projects as theme leaders.
 
          As for unique promotions regarding media, we hold a contest each month which each groups compete in showing academic results based on discussing and researching for each universal themes. Then, such groups contest in the weeklong vote. Voters can be everybody who are interested in their activities. Finally, we will choose the highest award and recipients of awards can make a special promotion video for their activities by cooperating with amateur illustrators.
 
         Not only we do fund-raising but also we collect membership fees. Furthermore, we collect special ones called ''Willing to vote! fees'' when we hold a contest each month, so participants can vote for several theme groups as investors.

※This imaginary NGO is only for class. It doesn't exist in the real world.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Most of the audiences rated my work highly since my plan was very concrete. I was also glad to hear that there were few misunderstandings regarding this topic. I think many of them wondered how I would combine "universal themes" with violence problems for my NGO, but I think I made a successful presentation. One of the audiences even commented that my ideas were coherent and clear, so I thought my efforts were rewarded.

Thank you for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment